Friday, January 25, 2013

January day

Kansas City has proved itself to continue to be a chilly reminder of the winter I was hoping to avoid.  But nothing can keep class away.  Just a few things on my mind this afternoon- I finally got to see Les Mis earlier today- I love afternoon movies on the Plaza-- they're the perfect way to start the weekend!


  • I can already tell with the first week of classes that I will be plenty busy this semester, even though I will have fewer meetings than in the past.  While this is the third semester in a row I have had a full class schedule of 18 hours, I know that my homework level will definitely be increased-- junior year everyone!  
  • Yesterday, I went with my roommates to Yogurtini on the Plaza for the first time in quite some time.  I remember when I went to Yogurtini for the first time my freshmen year, with Social Mentors.  The whole school had been buzzing about the "froyo place on the Plaza" that everyone just had to try!  And recently, Rockhurst got something similar in P-Sub: a froyo machine with different flavors and toppings to add on that are weighed just like at Yogurtini!  (I have yet to try it- but one of these days, that'll be just what I need between classes)
  • I can't believe how quickly time has passed since I began at Rockhurst!  I'm not even a senior, and I can already tell that my time in college is fleeting.  This isn't all bad though- it makes it easier to enjoy all the little things.  :)
  • I have several friends celebrating birthdays this semester, (including mine!) so I'm looking forward to lots of excuses to make cake and enjoy dinners out all dressed up.  (at so many of KC's amazing restaurants)

No comments:

Post a Comment