Thursday, October 31, 2013

Fall Break

Last week was Rockhurst's Fall Break, which meant that some students went to enjoy the comforts of home, some traveled to exciting places, and others gave back to different communities by volunteering.  I choose to go back home for a few days and then spent a few days back in Kansas City for events going on.  I quite enjoyed some sleeping in, a chance to get my car taken care of, and lots of homework and television with my parents for company.  There are definitely some major advantages to doing homework at home (dad helping me and mom keeping me company), and the laziness felt well-deserved.  For the weekend, I got to enjoy the celebration of a wedding in Kansas City, with a very pretty ceremony in Mission and a beautiful reception in the Westbottoms area.  Getting to take people to restaurants that I've recommended is always fun too :)  

Several students went on a trip organized through Rockhurst to Moore, Oklahoma.  They were bused down to the site and then spent the days assisting in ongoing construction projects through Habitat for Humanity.  Similar to regular Winter and Spring Break trips, they spent the night at a local high school and participated in prayer and reflection throughout the trip.  These many opportunities for service trips are a great way for students to get involved and give back to many different communities and groups of people.  

 
From Rockhurst website

No comments:

Post a Comment