Friday, October 26, 2012

Firsts

Even after living in Kansas City and going to Rockhurst for 2 years (almost 2 1/2!), I have this week still been able to experience several "firsts".

On Tuesday, my dad (who travels for work) visited me in KC and I had sushi for the first time at Friends Sushi and Bento Place.  It was SO wonderful!  I would recommend this to ANYONE- we had an appetizer, two small sushi rolls and one large sushi roll plus dessert for less than $30- which was plenty to fill both of us!  I have a feeling this will become one of my favorite places to go.
Slightly blurry picture of our sushi rolls from my phone

Then on Wednesday, I went to my first ever professional soccer game through DSP!  First I'll explain the organization-- Delta Sigma Pi is our professional business fraternity on campus.  I have been involved in this organization since my freshman year, and I have had many opportunities as a result of it.  The UMKC chapter of DSP organized a brotherhood event to attend a KC Sporting game.  So, obviously, I wanted to attend!  I paid $25 and got 4th row tickets to see KC Sporting defeat Philadelphia Union to win the Eastern Conference title.  I always forget how much I like sports (I was a cheerleader in high school) until I actually GO to sporting events!  Therefore, I definitely got into the excitement and energy that comes along with such a devoted fan-base like Sporting has!
View from our seats

This week also included a phenomenal presentation by James Wanerski, a man who has exposed fraud in several companies that he has worked with over the past 30 years.  He attributed his successful present life to his Rockhurst educational background- both with undergrad and his MBA.  Rockhurst has been able to bring many different speakers with different backgrounds over the past years-- its incredible to be a part of!

No comments:

Post a Comment