Saturday, June 1, 2013

SUMMER

I apologize for such a delay in my posting this past month!  I hope to keep it up throughout the summer, but that always takes a certain amount of motivation, which escapes me for the few months I have off per year.  The last few weeks of the semester finished up quite well.  And while it was sad to see many of the seniors leave, whom I have spent the past three years growing and learning with, it was also inspiring to see everyone move on with confidence to the next step in life.  It is crazy to think that one year from now, I will also be in that place!
My siblings all together for my
brother's graduation

This summer, I'm working an 8-5 job in North Kansas City as a market research intern.  This is my first summer staying in the Kansas City area, and its exciting!  I've moved in with a few friends just down the street from Rockhurst, and so I still get to enjoy the same area of the city- only with a little more time to explore!  With a groupon that I've taken advantage of, I've been going to fitness classes after work, which also helps to fill the time and keep me active after being in a desk all day!  I got to spend a week home with family as we celebrated my brother's graduation, and it was the perfect chance to really soak up the first few bits of summer together, since we will all be in different places for most of these summer months.

I got to enjoy a beautiful Memorial Day weekend in Kansas City with my boyfriend- complete with a walk to the park, and lots of time to visit out on my porch.  Additionally, with a groupon that I've taken advantage of, I've been going to fitness classes after work, which also helps to fill the time and keep me active after being in a desk all day!  I remembered how much I love to read and have already read two books in one week's time-- just for enjoyment!  I could definitely get used to all of this.

Any ideas for how to fill my evenings and weekends here in Kansas City this summer?  I'm open to any suggestions!!

If anything exciting comes my way, I'll be sure to post it also.  Anyone else have big summer plans either?  I've enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures from either going back home or going on vacation already this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment